Dr. Sandra Hurlong, President of Intercultural Open University Foundation (IOUF), visited with colleagues in Spain and Portugal to discuss future environmental projects and enrollment in the Dual Degree Doctoral Programs in consortium with Universidad Azteca and Central University of Nicaragua. In Spain, she met with environmentalists in Extremadura that included Telesforo Jimenez Sierra, the Mayor of Monroy, to explore strategies that would maintain the biodiversity of the common lands(dehesas) in the face of climate change. Education plays a central role for the future maintenance of these lands. IOUF, as a charitable educational foundation, continues to explore ways that financial grants and support could be used to protect the environment.
- President Hurlong Attends Symposium Exploring Institutional Collaborations in Higher Education
- IOU Foundation Extends Support to reTURN the Favor New Jersey and Conserve Wildlife Foundation of New Jersey
- IOU Foundation Lends Financial Support for Libros Para Pueblos
- Dr. Bremley Lyngdoh – the Man Behind Revolution of Reforestation in Myanmar
- Gulab Kothari conferred with Anuvrat Ahimsa Award for International Peace