The following Scholarships are available for Learners enrolled in IOU Foundation Programs:
There are numerous reasons why the Board of Governors and the President of Intercultural Open University Foundation want to make the world a better place for humankind. Our main goal is to help our learners succeed in life so that they can achieve their goals. We want our learners to take active roles as social change agents in improving the community in which they live. Through the educational process at IOU Foundation, we want to assist in enabling our learners to believe that they can make a difference working as forces for good.
The Dr. Jan R. Hakemulder Social Change Scholarships, the Dr. Fay Hakemulder Gender Issues Scholarships, and the Dr.Sebastian Devasia (Asinanda) Peace and Non-Violence Studies Scholarships have been established in their honor because of their dedication and devotion to Intercultural Open University Foundation and to the world community. These three individuals dedicated their lives to help and empower the lives of so many deserving people.
The scholarships available for learners enrolled in IOU Foundation Program are based on the below listed areas and each scholarship has a link to a detailed description:
To apply for a scholarship, please indicate which scholarship you are applying for and add any relevant information in a separate paragraph in your application for admission.
Applicants for scholarships must complete the IOU Foundation application for either PhD or post doctorate education studies and include the following requested documents:
- Undergraduate or graduate transcript from an accredited university or college.
- A complete resume that includes employment history.
- A complete biography that includes a detailed history of your dedication to social change.
- The scholarship amount that you are requesting based on the IOU Foundation tuition rate for graduate study.
- Two professional letters of reference that can address your involvement in your social change project and can at the same time give support to your personal qualities for graduate study.