San Pablo Etla, Oaxaca, Mexico, Intercultural Open University Foundation (IOUF) President, Sandra Hurlong, attended the inauguration of the new mural at Women’s Cooperative, Amaranto Alegría de la Vida, a project which the Foundation has donated funds to support. Six years ago, eight women, who shared a desire to improve their families’ diets and the nutritional well being of their community, came together to create the microenterprise, Amaranto Alegria de la Vida. They have encouraged neighbors to grow organic amaranth, and they have developed products such as tortillas, snacks, and cookies using amaranth as the principal ingredient. This week, they inaugurated the new mural on their building. The artist is Fidel Rendon, husband of Margarita the coordinator of the Amaranto enterprise. The mural depicts the ancient gods of the four directions and the growing and preparing of amaranth. IOUF and consortium partners the Universidad Central de Nicaragua and the Universidad Azteca are proud to contribute to this sustainable enterprise and community building activity.
IOU Foundation Continues Support for Women’s Cooperative: Amaranto Alegria de la Vida
Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on facebookFacebook
Share on google
Share on twitterTwitter
- IOU Foundation (IOUF) Donates to the Williamsburg District Historical Foundation (WDHF)
- PM Narendra Modi Inaugurated Patrika Gate and launched books by IOUF Alumnus Dr. Gulab Kothari
- IOU Foundation Lends Financial Support to AERO/Alternative Education
- IOU Foundation Gives Grant to UZACHI for Seed Collection and Reforestation in the Sierra Juarez, Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Disruption is the Great Awakener – Lisa Albright