IOUF and its consortium partners, the Universidad Azteca and Universidad Central de Nicaragua, are proud to support WDHF in its mission of historical preservation for future generations and community advocacy. WDHF maintains a museum which is filled with items donated by district residents.
In 2012, the Williamsburg District Historical Foundation acquired the McCoy Fort that served as a regional defensive fort for early settlers starting in 1769. WDHF is involved in the archeology project, which will restore and reassemble the Fort on-site. Dr. Lisa Albright and Roxanne Toothman presented the IOUF donation to Cassandra Perkins, Director of the Williamsburg District Historical Foundation.