Dr. Sandra Hurlong, President of Intercultural Open University Foundation (IOUF), visited with colleagues in Spain and Portugal to discuss future environmental projects and enrollment in the Dual Degree Doctoral Programs in consortium with Universidad Azteca and Central University of Nicaragua. In Spain, she met with environmentalists in Extremadura that included Telesforo Jimenez Sierra, the Mayor of Monroy, to explore strategies that would maintain the biodiversity of the common lands(dehesas) in the face of climate change. Education plays a central role for the future maintenance of these lands. IOUF, as a charitable educational foundation, continues to explore ways that financial grants and support could be used to protect the environment.
- IOU Foundation Gives Grant to UZACHI for Seed Collection and Reforestation in the Sierra Juarez, Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Disruption is the Great Awakener – Lisa Albright
- IOU Foundation extends financial support to Cosa Buena’s ingenious hand washing stations to fight COVID 19
- IOUF/UCN/UA Congratulate Alumnus and Dual Doctorate Degree Graduate, Professor Alaric Naude’ for his Leadership in Nursing Education
- IOU Foundation Recommends Self-Directed Learning During COVID 19 Pandemic