Since beginning, the IOU Foundation has always believed in bringing the social change through ways that support our environment and bring sustainable development. In 2017, we extended our financial support for preserving the delta region in Myanmar. Our alumnus Dr. Bremley Lyngdoh, founder and CEO of World Impact Foundation (WIF), is leading the task of reforestation in Myanmar. Dr. Bremley’s organization has planted 6 million trees in Myanmar in last 6 years and they are now planning to plant another 4 million by the end of 2019. His goal is to plant a billion mangrove trees which will play a big part in restoring the climate around coastal regions of Myanmar. To this end Dr. Lyngdoh does not hesitate to use the best technology. WIF has partnered with Biocarbon Engineering to plant mangrove seeds through drones. A small fleet of these drones can plant up to 400,000 seeds in a day along with mapping out best places to plant the trees by collecting data about soil health, topography and growth of already existing plants. Dr. Lyngdoh is an IOUF Fellow who obtained his dual doctorate degree with its partners Universidad Central de Nicaragua and Universidad Azteca. IOU Foundation and its partners Universidad Azteca (UA) and Universidad Central de Nicaragua (UCN) are proud of Dr. Lyngdoh’s reforestation project success in Myanmar.
- IOUF Contributes Financial Support for Indigenous Women in Mexico
- Intercultural Open University Foundation (IOUF) is Pleased to Announce a Donation to Pardada Pardadi Education Society (PPES)
- IOU Foundation Celebrates a Successful Year of its Commitment to Charitable Support and Graduate Education
- IOUF Provides Financial Support for the 10th International Conference on Peace and Non-violent Action (ICPNA)
- Dr. Gulab Kothari honoured with Raja Ram Mohan Roy Award